Skip to main content

TOP 4 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD OWN A HOME BASED BUSINESS!

I would rather work for myself than for a pilgarlic in a j.o.b (just over broke). After 35 years, the only time I am truly happy and confident in my work is when I am waking up to head into my office for a business created by me. 

Amid 35 years of consistent blood, sweat and tears poured into building my name, of those years, I spent 11 departing my home at 7:30am for an 8am desk j.o.b, that often left me nauseous and disappointed with where I was headed. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing completely unfavourable about a hard-earned j.o.b, we all have to make money, and everything we do in life is to benefit our well-beings. For me, however, sitting behind a desk with a screaming narcissist in front of me, forced an ephipany to unfold that would not settle. 

Throughout my life, I have flexed between home-based businesses with my husband, to office jobs, to my own businesses, and now with my adult children, that has provided me with an elevated perspective on why it feels damn good to be working for myself!


These are my top reasons why you should be working for yourself:



1.  You are building your own dreams and not someone else's.

Every single day that you show up at your job, you are working and helping the owner achieve their dreams.  Sure you get a 2 week vacation once a year, but wouldn't it be nice if you could take a vacation every 8 weeks, just like the business owner you are working for?

The reason the business owner is able to do this is because he or she has leveraged your services and surrounded themselves with people and expertise, just like yourself.    

It is possible for you to afford the same luxuries as your boss if you leapt and started your own business too!

What is your dream lifestyle?  Go ahead, think big!


2.  You are increasing your own income and not someone else's.

There is no cap on your income.  You are free to earn as much or as little as you choose.  

When you work for someone else, you are increasing your boss' income and profits.  Unlike when you work for someone else, your rewards can be equal to your efforts.  

How much do you need to earn in order to afford you, your dream lifestyle?  Go ahead, think big!


3.  You are in control of your own time!

You get to choose when you want to work, how long you want to work, where you want to work and who you want as clients.  You can even fire your clients!

When you work for someone else, your time is dictated.  When you work for yourself, you don't need permission to take time off or sleep in!

How much time would you like to take off work?  Go ahead, think big!


4.  Tax Savings!

When you own a business, you will have tax deductions in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and the tax laws.

Imagine being able to write off fuel for your vehicle, your cell phone bill, a portion of your home expenses, a portion of meals and more and of course all expenses pertaining to your business.  The basic tax deductions can result in $1000's a year in tax savings.  

If for no other reason to own a home based business, paying less on taxes should be your number 1 reason.

What is holding you back from making all your dreams come true?  Go ahead, think big.


Whatever you can imagine, ardently desire and actively pursue must inevitably come to pass!  
Paul J. Meyer 





Editor: Claudia Laugalys 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KEEPING THE LINES OF COMMUNICATION OPEN

After purchasing and signing a contract for a cell phone with a certain cell phone provider, I found myself with a broken cell phone, just 2 months into the contract. When I called the provider, they said, "sorry, you will have to pay for the repairs to the cell phone". I did not feel this was fair, as I contracted with them for 3 years and my phone was not 2 months old. After contacting my Provider Law Firm and consulting with them on my rights for warranty, they mailed off a letter for me, on my behalf, requesting that the cell phone be repaired or replaced, at no charge and at no extension to my contract. Ten days later, I received a phone call from the cell phone provider, not only complying with the requests stated in the letter from my Provider Law Firm, but they replaced and upgraded my phone, at no charge! Please note, that I did not have to pay any extra funds to the Lawyer for this consultation or for the letter that they wrote on my behalf. These b...

I CAN SEE CLEARLY NOW!!

We had a new pair of prescription eye glasses that the lense fell out of and dropped to the bottom of our lake never to be seen again. After returning the glasses that were less than a year old, the optometrist told us that the new lense is $139.00. When I informed them that I would be consulting with our lawyers, they called us back and; said, "We don't normally warranty lenses, however, it appears that the lense may have had too big a curve on it, since you mentioned that the screw was loose.....therefore we will warranty the repair. :-) Owning a LegalShield membership gives us such power to stand up for our rights!! I never have to just pay it, accept it up and/or walk away. I know what my rights are because I have access to a lawyer whenever I need them without worrying about the cost!! Some people think they only need a lawyer when they have a really big deal or problem. Owning a LegalShield membership prevents big deals or problems and therefore saves you money....

Changing Horses mid stream can be difficult!

PERSONAL STORY After being wooed from one company to another with promises of a three year contract and 3 weeks vacation time per year, we found ourselves without a contract after only 9 months.  Needless to say, we felt the Company we had a contract with was in breach.  We forwarded our documents for review to our provider law firm who reviewed our documents and consulted with us.  They felt it would be in our best interest if they wrote a letter for us on our behalf asking for damages.  None of this cost us anything more than our monthly membership fee.   Two weeks later, the Company issued us a cheque for over $6,800.00.  We would never have received  this without our LegalShield membership. More often than not, most people choose to walk away and would quickly scramble for a new contract in the hopes of landing one on time before any cash reserve is used up.  The cost of just consulting a lawyer and the tim...